At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking a Hadoop Engineer
join our team in Nashville, TN.
This individual will work on-site
at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
- Responsible for managing and supporting a Hadoop-based ecosystem designed for enterprise-wide analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Install, upgrade and manage scalable Hadoop cluster environments.
- Administrative functions such as cluster monitoring, troubleshooting, patching, load balancing, cluster configuration etc.
- Work with multiple technical teams to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with the Hadoop ecosystem of services
- Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem services such as: HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, YARN, Kafka, Scoop, Flume etc.
- Familiar with Hadoop Security
- Manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data.
- Optimize and tune the Hadoop environments to meet performance requirements.
- Install and configure monitoring tools.
- Work with big data developers and developers designing scalable supportable infrastructure.
- Work with Linux server admin team in administering the server hardware and operating system
- Perform ongoing capacity management forecasts including timing and budget considerations.
- Able to embrace change with an agile mindset.
- Demonstrable experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Continuous Deployment principles
- Prior experience with big data platforms like Cloudera or Hortonworks, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting problems in the Big Data stack and experience with Big Data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse and distributed product teams in an agile environment
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter
, and Facebook