At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking a Network Engineer
to join our team in Brentwood, TN.
This individual will work on-site at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
Provide security-based networking services and support for HCA’s Physician Services enterprise network. These responsibilities will require knowledgeable skill sets across the network security technologies, services and components. Position must keep updated on the latest networking technologies and services so that the enterprise network is strategically enhanced to proactively meet the HCA customer/business requirements and maintain networking service levels.
Position will interact daily with the Information Technology Service Desk (ITSD), provide customer support to business partners, vendors, other ITG staff/management and end users/customers on supporting networking solutions that meet HCA business requirements. Written and oral communications for presentations, technical white papers and technical proposals will be required. Some project management and problem management skills are required to effectively meet HCA business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
- Configuration and Support of LAN/WAN environments according to best practice switching/routing technologies and topologies.
- Configure network security Requests for Service according to standards.
- Support for network security technologies and products (i.e. Site-to-Site, B2B, and Remote Access VPNs).
- System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge.
- Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is growing significantly.
- New and best of breed product and technology evaluations and research, integration testing.
- Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning.
- Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning.
- Wide Area Network technology provisioning and configuration and WAN technologies.
- Network security services for Internet connectivity.
- Network standards/procedural documentation and network diagramming.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Understand of network carriers and technologies applied (ATT, CenturyLink, Broadband, etc.)
- Strong understanding of OSPF, BGP routing protocols, Quality of Service, etc.
- Strong network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software
- Understanding Layer 4-7 load balancers operation and configuration
- Meet change management and project management requirements
- Able to configure and troubleshoot Access Control Lists
- Working knowledge of firewalls, and other network security technologies
- Understanding of network monitoring applications and protocols such as SolarWinds Orion, Voyence, NetFlow, SNMP, etc.
- Project Management and problem management skill sets
- Cisco VoIP UCC a plus
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
, and Facebook