At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking a Senior Network Engineer
to join our team in Nashville, TN.
This individual will work on-site at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
Provide Enterprise data networking designs, services, consulting, and support in a fortune 100 company environment with national reach. These responsibilities will require the candidate to be a knowledgeable across network technologies, services, and additional related components (as listed for this position). The candidate must provide solutions that meet HCA network requirements and maintain networking service levels.
This position will interact daily with the Availability Center, Customer Support, Business Partners, Vendors, IT&S personnel, as well as the end users on developing network solutions to meet business requirements. Excellent written and oral communications skills regarding presentations, technical white papers, and network proposals will be required. Project management and problem management skills are valued to effectively meet business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
- Deploy, and maintain complex nation-wide, enterprise WAN/LAN solutions, utilizing best practice switching/routing technologies and topologies. (i.e. Fortune 100 experience in network design, deployment and support).
- Strategic enterprise network planning and integration of new technologies.
- New and best of breed product and technology evaluations and research.
- Certification, Proof of Concept, and/or integration testing.
- Working with vendors on product design enhancements to integrate new technologies.
- Technical white papers on new technologies and operational module development.
- OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/filtering/redistribution, Quality of Service, IP multicast.
- Network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis.
- System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge.
- Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning.
- Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning (see specific technologies within Area of Experience section).
- IP addressing, variable length subnet masking.
- Wide Area Network technology provisioning and configuration (i.e. VPLS, MPLS, Private Line) and WAN equipment configurations for bandwidth rates from DSL to 10gb, as well as Metro-E connectivity from 10mb to 10gb.
- Networking services for ACS, AAA, DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, ICMP and SNMP.
- Design and support for network security technologies and products (ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper SSL and NetScaler).
- Remote access technologies (i.e. SSL-VPN, IPSec, B2B, private line and Dial-up).
- F5 Load-balancing design and configuration.
- Enforcing network standards and policies/procedural documentation and enterprise level network diagramming.
- Meet IT&S change management and project management requirements.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including:
- Cisco Data Networking Technologies
- Layer 1-2 (i.e. Trunking, VLANs, STP, Multicast, PPP, Frame/Relay, ATM, MPLS, VPLS, Metro-E)
- Layer 3 (i.e. OSPF, BGP, Cisco VRFs, QOS, ACLs, Route redistribution, Route filtering, MPLS-VPNs, etc.)
- Network Management Tools (i.e. Spectrum, Voyence, IP-SLA, Netflow, SMNP, logging, etc.)
- Network Security (i.e. ACLs, Route-maps, IOS Firewall, ASA, routing protocol authentication, etc.)
- General Enterprise Security knowledge (i.e. Network design knowledge within a 1300+ router and 100+ FW environment.
- Developing capacity planning strategies used by operational departments.
- Troubleshooting complex nation-wide network issues.
- IP management standards.
- Network Services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
, and Facebook