, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care.
is seeking a Parallon Project Management Assistant
to join our team in Nashville, TN.
This individual will work on-site at Parallon. Parallon
is one of the country's largest premier revenue cycle partners with more than 16,500 employees serving more than 4,000 hospitals and physician practices.
The Parallon Project Management Assistant
(PMA) will work under the direction of a Senior Project Manager, Project Director, or Senior Project Director and assist project staff with the execution of programs and projects as assigned. Typical duties include work plan and project delivery assistance, coordinating assigned project activities, collaborating with project team members, utilizing project controls and standards to ensure projects successfully meet their stated objectives, and monitoring progress toward project delivery achievement.
The Project Management Assistant is responsible for tasks such as agenda preparation for meetings, project documentation, and collaboration with team members to develop project collateral.
- The Project Specialist role is an entry level, project management focused position. The role will provide project management support, using project methodology, tools, processes and controls, under the direction of a Senior Project Manager, Project Director, or Senior Project Director. The Project Management Assistant must demonstrate a strong commitment to learning and applying project management methods to the projects they are assigned.
- Works with project manager to develop project plans, schedules, and project controls and to track work and status related to projects aimed at the delivery of products and services to HCA business units.
- Organizes assigned project activities into manageable work efforts and completing the tasks as outlined in project plan.
- Develops and maintains project plan and schedule in Microsoft Project and PerView, including the breakdown of project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown and sequencing of work).
- Works with project manager to develop project charters and other related project deliverables and control documents, including storage of documents and deliverables in appropriate repository.
- Works with project manager to identify risks and issues and to track contingency plans or issue resolution to completion, including maintaining risk and issue logs and tracking/reporting status.
- Supports the project managers in tracking project dependencies, inter-dependencies with other projects and existing products, and critical path items.
- Supports the creation of project status reports on required schedules including progress updates and status of applicable issues.
- Supports the creation of toolkits to support field-based implementations.
- Participates in project transition and closure activities, including creation and communication of lessons learned documentation in order to promote continuous learning and improvement across the team and organization.
- Supports project managers with preparation for and conducting of meetings and other project-related communications.
- Works within the framework of the Project Services project management methodology, utilizes standards tools and processes, and follows applicable project governance requirements.
- Key Competencies:
- Active Learning – Demonstrating zeal for new information, knowledge, and experiences; regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities; quickly assimilating and applying new information.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organization - stays focused and proactively prioritizes initiatives; determines tasks and resources, and schedules with keen ability to multi-task.
- Project Management - applies Business Solutions project controls to identify and communicate project scope, goals, project plan, and project progress/performance.
- Communication – communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders and customers.
- Customer Orientation - creates customer-focused practices and relationships, building trust and respect by identifying customer service issues and exceeding expectations; seeks to understand customer and assure customer satisfaction.
- Tactical Execution - makes preparations and leverages resources to effectively manage and apply project controls.
- PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including ability to learn advanced tools such as Microsoft Project).
- Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ years of project management experience preferred.
- Healthcare, HCA or HCA-based systems experience a plus.
- Financial services, healthcare operations, supply chain, or IT experience a plus.
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
, and Facebook