At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking an HR Business Partner
join our team in San Antonio, TX.
This individual will work on-site
at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
Implement Business and HR strategy and programs
- Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
- Implement HCA-wide and LOB or location-specific HR initiatives
- If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
Advise leaders on people issues
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools Deploy development programs
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
Support Employee & Community engagement
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable)
- Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support
- Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews)
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility "temperature" through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues: resolve employee conflicts Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings. feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures: consult on suspension or termination of employment actions: provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
- Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders
Execute HR operational excellence
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, intemship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Perform worker's comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.)
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
- Support effective leader and employee communications
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes
- 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- PHR certification preferred.
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter
, and Facebook