At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
CereCore is seeking a Senior Application Engineer
to join our team in Nashville, TN.
This individual will work for the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
- Design, develop, document, test, deploy and debug new and existing BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools, logic), software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Support, maintain, and document data analytics platforms and functionality (e.g. MicroStrategy, DW logic).
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes, views, stored procedures).
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications. Participate in design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug to meet needs.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Proficient in handling complex technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies.
- Experience in troubleshooting, full life-cycle software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- 4+ years of BI and SQL development experience
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Familiarity working with Relational Database Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy working on a team and collaborating with peers and customers
- Preferred/Nice to have:
- Being comfortable and proficient in a dynamic, agile team environment
- Experience using C# and .NET framework
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Modern Healthcare selected CereCore as one of the 2020 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
- CereCore wins ClearlyRated's 2020 and 2021 "Best of Staffing" Client and Talent Awards for Service Excellence.
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,