At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking a Consulting Level Security Engineer
to join our team in Nashville, TN.
- Serves as an internal information security resource between Parallon BPG and the enterprise while balancing the needs of the day-to-day business.
- Research and recommend solutions that meet security standards while ensuring functionality for business continuity.
- Assists in defining, establishing, and validation of data security-related infrastructure, applications, and processes.
- Develop security test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration, and acceptance testing.
- Design and develop integration schema and linkage for multi-platform business and technological solutions.
- Evaluates the security of new technologies and assist with the plan to integrate them into the company environment.
- Work with business and application owners to develop disaster recovery and contingency plans and participate in DR planning for other projects.
- Recommend best practices for security controls without hindering functionality.
- Define the minimum-security configuration for all IT systems.
- Evaluates new and proposed security systems and technologies.
- Reviews, develops, test, and implements security plans, products, and control techniques.
- Translates security standards to project teams.
- Assist with vulnerability and intrusion assessments.
- Develops guidelines for the usage, control, maintenance, and audit-ability of information and computer resources.
- Fill the role of security architect on all project engagements with assistance from the IP&S lead security architect(s) (as needed).
- Bachelors degree is required
- 10+ years of experience as a test analyst and/or related position.
- CISSP, GPEN, CEH or other relevant Information Security certifications are a plus.
- Good organization skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A sense of responsibility and accountability; someone who takes ownership and initiative.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude; customer service orientation.
- Ability to learn new technologies, methods, and processes.
- Respect for diversity of experience, characteristics, viewpoints, and opinions.
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Modern Healthcare selected CereCore as one of the 2020 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
- CereCore wins ClearlyRated's 2020 and 2021 "Best of Staffing" Client and Talent Awards for Service Excellence.
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,