At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking a BI Developer
to join our team Remotely
and Nashville, TN.
- The Business Intelligence Developer is a part of the Physician Services Group organization of HCA. This technically-focused position with the Data Management and Business Intelligence team is responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying our business intelligence solutions across the enterprise. This goal will be achieved by working with cross-functional business teams and utilizing MicroStrategy, Teradata, and other database platforms and tools. The Application Engineer II is responsible for application creation, administrative tasks, and supporting dashboard and report solutions development at PSG.
- The BI Developer will collaborate with Business Customers, Department Heads, and Project teams, provide leadership regarding application design, as well as support and develop subject matter knowledge for internally developed applications. The Application Engineer II will ensure the effective design, build, deployment, documentation and maintenance of relational and multidimensional databases to support end-user processes.
- Expertise/experience in data acquisition, data cleansing and parsing required.
- Expertise/experience in data analysis, modeling and visualization required.
- Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, or other DBMS.
- MicroStrategy, Business Objects, or other Enterprise BI tools.
- SyncSort DMExpress or other ETL tools.
- Experience in Teradata SQL or extensive experience in other ANSI SQL languages (e.g., MSSQL, Oracle, Postgres) required.
- Expertise/experience in the areas of data structures and data warehousing required.
- Strong analytical and design skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in strategic design, construction and implementation of software and analytics solutions in the BI development environment. This includes selecting, gathering specifications for, designing and implementing solutions for consumers throughout the enterprise.
- Works to build technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
- Contributes to the development of goals and objectives related to the business.
- Lead troubleshooting activities to resolution.
- Works on unique and unusually complex projects.
- Self-driven learner of technology and programming.
- Works independently with limited supervision and acts as a resources for colleagues with less experience.
- Knowledge of Clinical and Financial Applications.
- Knowledge of EMR or Practice Management Systems such as E-Clinical Works, Epic, GE Centricity, NextGen, etc.
- Broad application of health industry data standards.
- Actively participates in application design sessions.
- Seasoned data professional and subject matter expert with a full understanding of data tools and concepts; ability to resolve a wide range of highly-complex issues in creative ways.
- Acts as a consultant on large projects that affect organization's long-term goals and objectives.
- Actively builds strong bonds and relationships with all customers and department heads. Encourages and guides staff to be customer-focused.
- Partners with colleagues and customers to achieve meaningful discussions regarding data outputs and feedback on usage activities to improve Data and Analytics output.
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Modern Healthcare selected CereCore as one of the 2020 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
- CereCore wins ClearlyRated's 2020 and 2021 "Best of Staffing" Client and Talent Awards for Service Excellence.
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,