Job ID: 1473626
CereCore is seeking a Network Manager join our team in Nashville, TN or Remotely. This individual will work at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
- Provides leadership in executing client based organizational goals and priorities for technical services line of business for multiple external clients.
- The individual is a subject matter expert in network design, implementations, life cycle management and support across various infrastructure technologies, services and components.
- Candidate will be up to date on the latest infrastructure technologies and services to ensure the enterprise infrastructure is proactively meeting the client base requirements and service levels.
- Assists in resolving highly complex technical issues and coordinates large client-wide technical services.
- This position requires strong team management skills, personal drive, ambition and the ability to see a strategy through to execution in a matrix-reporting environment.
- The individual will lead and contribute to cross-organizational collaboration on new and existing technologies, leveraging developed standards for network infrastructure investments to provide a scalable and flexible bridge between an enterprise network and business requirements.
- High-level responsibilities include serving as a technical services leader in CereCore, management of engineers, and delivering consistent design, build and support of the technical infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will have skills that cover a broad range of disciplines, industry trends and technologies—such as: Arista, Aruba, Cisco, Checkpoint, Meraki, Palo Alto, Silver Peak.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting with internal and external client leadership teams, as needed, to align strategy, services, and delivery activities.
- Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of staff.
- Participates and may lead the discovery and design of a client’s strategic enterprise infrastructure planning and new technology assessments.
- Communicates consistently with direct leadership and company leadership related to issues, business opportunities, concerns and/or potential roadblocks that may occur.
- Accountable to ensure proposed/planned infrastructure solutions meet business and strategic needs.
- Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, CereCore leaders, ITG, Industry Groups and vendors.
- Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of technical services and measures based on delivery and profit and loss financial success.
- Contributes and may lead Large/Complex business case proposals and assessment of technologies, financials and project plans.
- Assists the director in the development of budgets, financial forecasts for internal stakeholders and client facing budget guidelines.
- Trains and develops team members, executes the planning, assignment and direction of work addressing concerns and removal barriers for team members.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Flexibility in work schedule to ensure project and support services do not negatively affect client operations.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in client facing communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple large projects.
- Solid understanding of appropriate technical workflows, commercially available technology, and technical implementations
- Strong understanding of hospital technical requirements and workflows.
- Mature understanding of technical design, build and support service processes and workflow.
- Demonstrated ability too proactively identify client needs, manage resources, and multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain staff.
- Previous experience with outsourcing and providing outsourced services preferably in Healthcare.
- Strong knowledge of networking skills including networking topologies and network technologies including Arista, Aruba, Cisco, Check Point, and Palo Alto Networks LAN/WAN/WLAN/Firewall technologies.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills are required in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- A combination of Cisco, Palo Alto and Microsoft certification preferred.
- 5 + years of experience, 3+ years Management experience
CereCore was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.