At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking a Network Engineer II
to join our team Remotely.
- Support of Complex Large Scale WAN/LAN designs utilizing best practice switching/routing technologies and topologies. (i.e.: Fortune 100 experience in network design, deployment and support)
- Planning and integration of new technologies within a large network environment
- New and best of breed product and technology evaluations
- Automation and process development to improve efficiency and increase service level
- Working with vendors on product design enhancements and integration of new technologies
- OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/advanced filtering/redistribution, Quality of Service, IP multicast
- Engineering consultations of Level II network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software
- System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge. Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
- Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning (see specific technologies within Area of Experience section).
- IP addressing, variable length subnet masking
- Wide Area Network technology design, provisioning and configuration (i.e. MPLS, VPLS, Private Line) and WAN equipment configurations for bandwidth rates from DSL to 1gb, as well as Metro-E connectivity from 10mb to 10gb.
- Networking services for ACS, AAA, DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, ICMP and SNMP
- Design and Support for network security technologies and products (ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper SSL, NetScaler, Palo Alto, Silver Peak, and Meraki)
- Remote access technologies (i.e. SSL-VPN, IPSec, B2B, private line and Dial-up).
- Quality of service configuration and testing.
- F5 Load-balancing configuration, including iRule creation and creating custom monitors
- Providing input on Network standards and policies/procedural documentation and enterprise level network diagramming
- Training/Mentoring peers, Project Management and problem management skill sets
- Meet IT&S change management and project management requirements
- ITIL Knowledge
- Minimal travel (up to 15%) for network analysis, network upgrades, customer network consultations, training
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation for support and after hours work in order to support the availability and uptime requirements of the business and clients
- This is an alternate shift position which will require coverage from 3PM to 12AM Central Time, Monday-Friday after the candidate successfully onboards and becomes appropriately familiar with the environment.
- All other duties as assigned
- Cisco Data Networking Technologies
- Aruba and/or Arista Data Network Technologies experience desirable
- Layer 1-2 (i.e.: Trunking, VLANs, STP, Multicast, PPP, MPLS, Metro-E, VPLS, OEW)
- Layer 3 (i.e. OSPF, BGP, Cisco VRFs, QOS, ACLs, Route redistribution, MPLS-VPNs, GRE etc.)
- Network Management Tools (ie: Voyence, LogicMonitor, IP-SLA, Netflow, SMNP, logging, etc.)
- Network Security (i.e. ACLs, CheckPoint Firewall, Palo Alto, Route-maps, IOS Firewall, ASA, routing protocol authentication)
- General Security knowledge (i.e. Network design knowledge within a large (1300+ router and 100+ FW) environment
- Participate in capacity planning strategies used by operational departments
- Basic development and system administration (Ansible, Python, Linux, etc.)
- Troubleshooting complex large network issues
- IP management standards
- Network Services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Video over IP knowledge a plus
- Participation in RFP responses
- Understanding of Managed services and outsourcing
- Training and presenting technical material to peers
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching preferred, CCNA required or relevant experience
- As this is a Work From Home position, candidate must provide his/her own high-speed, reliable Internet connectivity
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Modern Healthcare selected CereCore as one of the 2020 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
- CereCore wins ClearlyRated's 2020 and 2021 "Best of Staffing" Client and Talent Awards for Service Excellence.
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,