At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
CereCore is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer
to join our team. This individual will work at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
The Consulting Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology and innovation looking to join a highly collaborative, team oriented organization. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with HCA ITG leaders, project managers, enterprise architects, and other technical teams for delivering products and services to meet their needs while adhering to industry best practices and HCA Policies and Guidelines.
- Primary Responsibility will be to Architect, Document, and help adoption of Hashicorp Consul within the Enterprise
- Develop and maintain standard infrastructure as code modules (using Terraform) for reuse by development teams and other business units
- Develop, document, and manage enterprise technical standards alongside the Cloud Center of Excellence for the use, deployment, support, and governance of cloud technologies
- Lead and/or participate on a team designing, developing and testing IaC solutions for IaaS and PaaS solutions for on-prem or Cloud platforms
- Collaborate with product teams to understand platform and cloud challenges, identify solutions, and guide the teams in implementing the solution
- Stay abreast of cloud technologies, capabilities, and industry use of cloud to help guide HCA’s strategy and adoption
- Support DevOps operations by integrating developed IaC into CICD pipeline builds
- Develop documentation utilizing standardized templates including: Installation and Configuration Guides, design, and engineering plans
- Write other non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results
- Help educate HCA business units and mentor engineers/developers on best practices and use of cloud technologies
- Migrate complex, multi-tier applications to public cloud
- Design, optimize, and document the operational aspects of the Cloud platform
- Work closely with customers to develop robust and reusable configuration management components
- Support change, incident, and problem management activities related to end-to-end cloud operations
- Review and recommend optimization opportunities
- Support workload migration activities to cloud
- Provide ongoing service support and run-time system administration
- Bachelor’s Degree or Cloud Certification – AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Terraform Associate Level Certificate Preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in deploying and supporting critical applications to a cloud solution in a senior engineer role for a mid-sized organization or larger OR equivalent years of experience in Core Infrastructure background and experience as a senior level engineer in infrastructure operations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building and releasing infrastructure-as-code (IAC) in a controlled environment with an understanding of full lifecycle configuration management OR equivalent experience in workflow automation, CI/CD pipeline development, and development against APIs such as REST interfaces
- Demonstrate disciplined engineering practices, including documenting solutions, transferring knowledge to other team members, and sound quality assurance practices
- Demonstrate a direct and value-added contribution. Required
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter