Job ID: 15794195
Location: Remote, USA
At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care.
CereCore is seeking an Epic System Educator II to join our team. This individual will work at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
The Epic System Educator II works in collaboration with the CereCore Education Team to support the implementation and teaching of the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) into the new hire orientation training program.
In this position, you will:
- Leads and executes the development and maintenance of Epic training materials; including ongoing establishment of training products, best practices, governance requirements, and the validation/acceptance criteria to analyze usage
- Develops course content, training materials, agendas, lessons plans and presentation materials working with Project Teams, Subject Matter Experts, Clients and Business Owner
- Responsible for course instruction including classroom, live virtual classroom, and web-based training
- Participate in the change control process to ensure the training environments remain in sync with production for their assigned application area(s)
- Participates in requirements-gathering sessions with project teams to develop and coordinate the appropriate training plan(s)
- Maintains an understanding of production changes as communicated by the Project Team and ensures they are properly communicated to Stakeholders
- Communicates Epic changes or upgrades to other CTs and Super Users
- Recommends appropriate media for specific education purposes
- Supports the implementation and teaching of the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) into the new hire orientation training program including physicians
- Assists in implementation and support of Epic deployed to facilities, physicians, physician offices, and all other Epic end users
- Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries, then determines the appropriate Epic application to resolve the problem and coordinates as needed
- Serves as a mentor to other System Educators
- Works with Project Team to troubleshoot and resolve application-specific issue build/fixes
- Participates in incident support, design and end user/stakeholder meetings as a member of the Epic CereCore team.
- Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.)
- Participates in meetings as a member of the Epic CereCore team
- Ability to facilitate discussions/trainings to elicit, manage, and prioritize key business needs
- Previous experience as Instructional Designer
- Working knowledge of Epic modules, Ambulatory preferred.
- Experience with Epic workflows, Ambulatory preferred.
- Requires a high level of interaction with end users, clients, executives and health professionals.
- Familiar with training tool sets such as Adobe Captiva, MS office products and Healthstream
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality education within the EHR is being delivered
- Ability to adjust workload in accordance with changing priorities and coordinate them in a consistent manner
- Understanding of clinical operations and processes
- Clinical experience
- Experience with at least one healthcare organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Epic Credentialed Trainer in the EpicCare Ambulatory application required within first 3 months in role required.
CereCore was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Awards and Recognition
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.