At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking an Cloud Engineer
to join our team in Nashville, TN.
As a Consulting Cloud Engineer on the Systems Reliability team, you’ll be working on production systems that are utilized to deliver HCA’s solutions to our clinicians and patients across the country.
We are currently seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
This role will:
• Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
• Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
• Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
• Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
• Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications
• Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and/or direct management of small teams, they make others better and raise the bar for those around them.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (The essential responsibilities and accountabilities of this position including interactions with other departments and outside vendors, if applicable, in PRIORITY order.)
• Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
• Review and debug application code when issues arise.
• Ongoing review of technology, infrastructure, and code to enhance and build resiliency into the applications.
• Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
• Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
• Partner with development teams and vendors of 3rd party applications to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
• Build/Develop automations to “self-heal” applications and reduce toil of manual operation tasks.
• Lead/Drive the creation postmortem analysis of why services broke or became degraded, include recommendations for long term fixes. May require going across multiple teams and organizations within the enterprise to do so. Determine root-cause for all production level incidents and write corresponding high-quality RCA reports.
• Collaborating and building relationships across business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis, and thought leadership.
• Support system upgrades, architecture design, implementations, and deployments.
• Ability to work in a complex organization, navigate multiple verticals of expertise and negotiate, guide direct and influence your peers to provide real solutions.
• Maintain industry knowledge in the areas of software development, software architecture, and products utilized in development, such as databases, security products, automation products and so on.
• Experience with IaC language primarily Terraform.
• Experience with storage technologies; operating systems; networking, system monitoring tools (Splunk, Dynatrace, App Insights…) and cloud solutions.
• A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
• Ability to automate tasks that are scalable, maintainable, and repeatable.
• Ability to rapidly learn and understand new systems.
• Long-term strategic thinker, “outside the box” and be completely unsatisfied with either Band-Aids or the word “No”.
• Consulting Engineers contribute more than technical expertise – they build up the team around them. Through a combination of mentoring, and technical leadership, they make others better and raise the bar.
• Ability to communicate effectively and write accurate, clear documentation.
• Ability to lead and direct troubleshooting efforts with multiple teams and fix agents under pressure “grace under fire”.
• Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, and strong sense of ownership with an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
• Be a creative thinker, not bound by "the way things have always been done". What you know is less important than how well you learn and innovate. We don't need engineers who know all the answers; we need engineers who can invent the answers no one has thought of yet, to the questions yet to be asked.
• Flexible in working in rotational shifts (Including weekends).
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Modern Healthcare selected CereCore as one of the 2020 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
- CereCore wins ClearlyRated's 2020 and 2021 "Best of Staffing" Client and Talent Awards for Service Excellence.
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter