At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
CereCore is seeking an Epic Web and Service Server Admin
to join our team Remotely.
The Epic Web and Service Server Administrator (WSSA) is a critical, hands-on role. The Epic Web and Service Server Administrator (WSSA) installs and administers the Epic client applications or Epic web and service servers. She/he is involved in configuration, deployment, proactive monitoring, and maintenance. These roles are part of the Epic Client Systems Administrator (ECSA) group.
- Managing print queues and Epic printing infrastructure
- Monitoring network and Web server activity for security breaches using intrusion detection techniques.
- Performing file system management
- Installing and managing the application deployment platforms that serve production, reporting, disaster recovery, training, and non-production needs
- Installing and maintaining administrative and monitoring tools necessary for high levels of availability and performance of your Epic system
- Understanding performance metrics, monitoring system performance, and troubleshooting issues
- Assisting in the configuration and troubleshooting of integrated third-party software and peripherals
- Applying platform and Epic upgrades and updates to production and non-production Web server components.
- Responding to emergency and after-hours issues.
- Engaging in capacity planning exercises to ensure adequate system resources.
- Collaborating with your technical teams and Epic to ensure proactive support.
- Writing and maintaining scripts to improve system management tasks.
- Participating in your change control process for all planned application and technical activities.
- Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity.
- Following vendor and Epic best practices for hardware and software configuration.
- Member of the on-call rotation team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Epic Certifications:
- ECSA BLOB, Business Continuity Access, and Printing
- ECSA Care Everywhere
- ECSA Hyperspace Web and Interconnect
- ECSA MyChart
- Bachelor's degree in computer science but can be replaced by 5 years work experience.
- Implementation experience preferred
- Prior experience configuring and monitoring high availability IRIS and related infrastructure systems.
- Work history/knowledge of Microsoft Windows server administration.
- Prior experience in primary application deployment platforms such as Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, VMWare Horizon Hosted, VMware Horizon View, or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Expertise in the Microsoft Windows server administration
- Expertise in your chosen virtualization platform such as Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi, or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with hardware or software load balancing solutions such as F5 Big-IP or Citrix Netscaler
- Working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) administration
- Network protocols and functionality including TCP/IP, Active Directory, Domain Name Services, FTP/SCP, and HTTP
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,