At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
CereCore is seeking an Epic Operational Database Admin
to join our team Remotely.
The Epic Operational Database Administrator will use various applications to maintain and update large databases, reviews database designs, and ensures consistency of standards, procedures, and content. Assembles, manipulates, analyzes, and disseminates data. The Epic Operational Database Administrator will plan and coordinate database design and development to ensure the development of an accurate clinical database.
- Creating and managing the ODB environments that serve production, reporting, disaster recovery, training, and non-production needs.
- Installing and maintaining the administrative and monitoring tools necessary for high levels of availability and performance of the Epic system
- Understanding performance metrics, monitoring system performance, and troubleshooting issues
- Managing the logins for different types of access, including login behavior, and working environment configuration
- Applying IRIS and Epic upgrades and updates to production and non-production environments
- Configuring and maintaining environment copies according to the environment strategy
- Responding to emergency and after-hours issues
- Engaging in capacity planning exercises to ensure adequate system resources.
- Collaborating with technical teams and Epic to ensure proactive support.
- Writing and maintaining scripts to improve system management tasks.
- Participating in change control processes for all planned application and technical activities.
- Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity.
- Following vendor and Epic best practices for hardware and software configuration.
- Member of the on-call rotation team.
- Required certification in Epic Operational Database Administration
- Implementation experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, information science, business, or related field
- Strong Unix Skills using command-line prompt, including navigating directory structures and file manipulation.
- Understanding of operating system concepts such as user and group ownership and file permissions, file system/volume group configuration, etc.
- Knowledge of a command shell (Korn, POSIX, Bourne, or C), plus languages and utilities such as ask, sed, and Perl
- Ability to create, understand, and follow processes to ensure successful execution of critical maintenance procedures.
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,