Classification: Permanent (Direct-Hire)
At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking an Sr. Network Engineer
to join our team in Nashville, TN.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Consulting Network Engineer opening with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Consulting Network Engineer for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Provide Enterprise data wireless networking designs, services, consulting, and support in a fortune 100 company environment with national reach. These responsibilities will require the candidate to be a Subject Matter Expert across network technologies, services, and additional related components (as listed for this position). The candidate must provide solutions that meet HCA network requirements and maintain networking service levels.
This position will interact daily with the Project Managers, Customer Support, Business Partners, Vendors, IT&S personnel, as well as the end users on developing wireless network solutions to meet business requirements. Excellent written and oral communications skills regarding presentations, technical white papers, and network proposals will be required. Project management and problem management skills are required to effectively meet business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
• Design, deploy, and maintain complex nation-wide, enterprise WLAN solutions, utilizing best practice wireless technologies and topologies. (ie: Fortune 100 experience in wireless network design, deployment and support)
• Strategic enterprise wireless network planning and integration of new technologies.
• Provide Interdepartmental Network Consulting, Mentoring, and Guidance
• New and best of breed product and technology evaluations and research.
• Certification, Proof of Concept, and/or integration testing.
• Working with vendors on product design enhancements to integrate new technologies
• Technical white papers on new technologies and operational module development
• OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/filtering/redistribution, Quality of Service, IP multicast
• Engineering consultations of Level III network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software
• System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge. Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
• Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
• Software/hardware device upgrades, WLAN equipment configurations/provisioning (see specific technologies within Area of Experience section).
• IP addressing, variable length subnet masking
• Wireless Local Area Network technology provisioning and configuration (i.e. 802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and WLAN equipment configurations for multiple bandwidth rates and frequencies.
• Networking services for ACS, AAA, DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, ICMP and SNMP
• Design and support for network security technologies and products
• Understand wireless authentication and authorization systems
• Remote access technologies (i.e. SSL-VPN, IPSec, B2B).
• F5 Load-balancing design and configuration
• Enterprise level network diagramming
• Training/Mentoring peers and other IT&S staff
• Project Management and problem management skill sets
• Meet IT&S change management and project management requirements
• ITIL Knowledge
• Minimal travel for wireless network analysis, network upgrades and customer network consultations
• Act as a technical lead for other engineers during projects, ensuring work is being completed accurately and on-time
Qualified candidates will have 7+ years of relevant work experience required
College graduate or equivalent work experience required
Cisco Data Networking Technologies
Wireless Data Networking Technologies
Layer 1-2 (ie: Trunking, VLANs, STP, Multicast, PPP, Frame/Relay, ATM, MPLS, VPLS, Metro-E)
Layer 3 (ie: OSPF, BGP, Cisco VRFs, QOS, ACLs, Route redistribution, Route filtering, MPLS-VPNs, etc..)
Network Management Tools (ie: Spectrum, Voyence, IP-SLA, Netflow, SMNP, logging, etc..)
Network Security (ie: ACLs, Route-maps, IOS Firewall, ASA, routing protocol authentication, etc…)
General Enterprise Security knowledge (ie: Network design knowledge within a 1300+ router and 100+ FW environment.
Developing capacity planning strategies used by operational departments.
Troubleshooting complex nation-wide network issues.
IP management standards.
Network Services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
Voice over IP knowledge a plus.
Video over IP knowledge a plus.
Training and Presenting technical material to others, including leadership.
• Must be able to excel in a very close working team environment
• Must be self-motivated
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Expertise in designing, deploying, analyzing, and troubleshooting data center infrastructure and/or wireless infrastructure systems
• Familiarity with carrier-grade network devices from major vendors (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, F5 Load Balancers, Checkpoint, Cisco WLC, etc.)
• Comfortable with the use of advanced command-line troubleshooting tools and automation scripting
Technical areas of expertise or understanding – dependent on individual role:
• Network Enterprise Best Practices, Routing/Switching/Firewall/Security, Wireless, Data Center / Colocation / Cloud Network, WAN
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• Position may require periodic after hours work and light travel at times with little notice.
• Position location is greater Nashville area.
• Position requires sitting for extended periods
• Position can require standing for extended periods
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.