Classification: Contract to Hire
Contract Length: 6 months
Job ID: 16199809
Location: Nashville, TN
CereCore® provides EHR implementations, IT and application support, IT managed services, technical staffing, strategic IT consulting, and advisory services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Our heritage is in the hallways of some of America’s top-performing hospitals. We have served as leaders in finance, operations, technology, and as clinicians turned power users and innovators. At CereCore, we know firsthand the power that aligned technology can provide in delivering care. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, we are committed to bringing the expertise we have gained as operators to deliver IT services that emphatically address the needs of health systems across the United States. Our team of over 600 clinical and technical professionals has implemented EHR systems in more than 400 facilities and provides managed services support to tens of thousands of health system employees. We work tirelessly to provide healthcare organizations specialized IT services that support the delivery of patient care. The Link to Life-Saving Care.
is seeking a Consulting Systems Engineer
to join our team in Nashville, TN.
This individual will work at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
The Consulting Systems Engineer role is responsible for stewardship of HCA’s Event Management enterprise monitoring tools. The position will manage the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all system and application monitoring hardware, software, and communication links. These responsibilities will also require Subject Matter Expert knowledgeable skill sets across multiple technologies, services and components. Position must keep updated on the latest monitoring technologies and services so that the enterprise systems environment is strategically enhanced to proactively meet the HCA customer/business requirements and maintain service levels.
This position will lead IT Service Management Organization’s Application Performance Monitoring platform: Dynatrace. This includes administration and support of platform health and performance, incident and problem support, work intake, change management, cmdb management, problem management, and vendor relations. Responsible for managing and executing on all operational and project efforts. Influences the broader organization on optimal standards and processes for alerting and monitoring enterprise applications.
In this position, you will:
- Manage and support of HCA’s enterprise APM and Compute monitoring platforms to include platform health and performance, upgrades, lifecycle, incident and problem support, work intake, change and CMDB management, and vendor relations.
- Collaborate with customers to setup monitoring and alerting to meet application and infrastructure KPIs. Work with Event Analytics and Event Response teams on alert integration and triage.
- Plan, deploy and document architecture components, monitoring & alerting setup, troubleshooting guides.
- Plan, test, and upgrade monitoring platforms to stay current with new application software releases, OS versions, and hardware platforms. Adhere to change management and other ITIL processes.
- Engage and communicate with other engineers within the organization on the capabilities and technical knowledge of the toolset.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Must have knowledge and experience of alerting and monitoring technology: network, compute, data, application and microservices.
- Requires a solid understanding of infrastructure monitoring metrics.
- Requires in depth knowledge of application performance monitoring to include synthetic transaction monitoring, real user monitoring, application debugging and distributed profiling, and data analytics.
- Experience with APM monitoring applications is required, Dynatrace preferred to include core technologies: OneAgent, Smartscape, Grail, DavisAI, AppEngine, AutomationEngine, and App Extensions.
- Experience with SCOM or other compute monitoring applications is highly desirable.
- Experience with virtual technology, such as VMWare ESX.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows OS environments.
- Experience working with cloud and container technologies preferred.
- Should have working knowledge and experience with ITIL framework.
- Requires in depth knowledge of system administration, support, and maintenance. Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with monitoring platforms.
- Requires knowledge of information technology, network, data and applications architectures.
- Requires proficiency in use of desktop-based productivity applications, networking and open systems standards.
- Requires analytical and design ability, high degree of creativity; knowledge of the business implications of technical approaches, directions and solutions