- Specify, configure, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot local area network hardware and software, such as routers, switches, cabling, firewalls, security appliances, wireless access points, circuits, and Internet service.
- Maintain excellent network performance by performing regular network monitoring and performance tuning; escalate problems to vendors as needed.
- Provide proactive network support, including daily review of device and security logs, assisting with traffic monitoring, intrusion protection systems, and support for data center environment monitoring.
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environments, directories, security, and connectivity.
- Maintain a secure network by developing access standards, structure and develop processes to monitor usage.
- Investigate, test, and perform software upgrades, install patches, hot-fixes, versioning, and virus definitions updates.
- Prepare staff for network related changes using a variety of tools including references, training programs, and in-person support.
- Provide technical support and advice as necessary for all departments and outside agencies, including researching, evaluating, and recommending new technologies.
- Provide project management support for network/infrastructure projects.
- Create documentation of procedures in a format that will assist other staff in carrying out those procedures.
- Communicate with vendors and external support resources to research products, new technologies, and deployment of new technologies.
- Maintain up-to-date skills and awareness of new and emerging network-based technologies and how they may apply to our infrastructure to support our long-term goals.
- Knows fire, disaster and safety procedures and regulations as it pertains to the work area.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned.
||Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or a related field is required (A combination of experience and certifications may be considered).
||4+ years of systems or network engineering experience
||Analytical: Supervision is present to establish broad objectives relative to basic position duties or departmental responsibilities. Independent judgment is required to set objectives, coordinate activities within a work unit or to complete a project. Actions taken may be based on similar situations encountered in the past.
||Problem solving involves identification and analysis of diverse problems. Solutions are usually found by reviewing compliance manuals or administrative procedures and applying them for unusual situations. Guidance may be provided on what sources to review and solutions are reviewed before acceptance.
|Responsibility for Directing Others:
||Involves no responsibility or authority for the direction of others.
||One to Three Months: Plan events that are expected to occur in the next one to three months or on a quarterly basis.
||Requires regular contacts to discuss issues of moderate importance and to respond to inquiries. Occasionally requires contacts with employees at higher levels on matters requiring cooperation, explanation, and persuasion.
||Requires regular contact with outside agencies, other medical centers, patients, or visitors, supplying or gathering factual information.
| Job-Related Knowledge:
||Professional Skills: Skill levels require the employee to apply knowledge to practical issues and allows for development of new methods and procedures. Requires knowledge of theories and practices of a recognized professional field (e.g., nursing, finance, quality assurance, infection control, information support). This level of knowledge may be reserved for a position that requires a number of years on the job experience (e.g., entry level management).
|Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
||Cisco Certified Network Professional - Collaboration (CCNP – Collaboration) certification required.
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert – Collaboration (CCIE – Collaboration), Training or Certification in Dell, EMC, Fortinet highly preferred.
||Understanding of advanced route/switch configurations, high availability, VPN, security best practices, HIPAA, PCI DSS, Right-To-Know, Cyber defense and response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity. Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to handle multiple projects, ability to handle large customer needs/request volumes, familiarity with current generation Windows/Apple OS/devices, Microsoft 365 suite, experience with support desk platforms and project tracking tools.
|Working Conditions/ Physical Effort:
||Must be able to lift equipment such as computers and printers weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods. Healthcare environment with vaccination requirements. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis. If the requirement is not marked, then the standard is generally considered not applicable (Reference graph).