Job ID: 16296921
At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
CereCore is seeking a Vice President, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our team onsite in Hershey, PA.
- The CTO is responsible to align technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes with the appropriate technologies.
- Responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing technology initiatives within the organization.
- Maintains existing enterprise systems, while providing direction in all technology-related issues in support of information operations and core company values.
- Participate as a member of the IS senior leadership team in governance processes of the organizations technology core architecture, telecommunications and networking systems.
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs.
- Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
- Construct, manage and prioritize budgets and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Act as primary liaison for the company’s technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organizations executives, department heads, and end users.
- Creatively and independently, provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the technical services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all technical staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance.
- Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Where necessary, oversee and develop patenting of intellectual property, inventions, and business processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required to live in Hershey, PA (or relocate).
- Education: Master degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Security or a related field, or equivalent experience and certifications. Masters degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years in IT with a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in demonstrated leadership roles.
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards.
- Previous knowledge of / experience with technology supporting Cerner and Infor systems preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including industry, and domain-specific knowledge of the organization and its business units
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and how other enterprises are employing them
- Success in leveraging both traditional and emerging models of best practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Ability to drive organizational change and build infrastructure capabilities that effectively balance the need to continuously exploit capabilities to optimize operational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative and agile infrastructure and operational solutions to enable the business to explore new opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders
CereCore was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.