At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care. CereCore
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Healthcare.
is seeking a Lead Android Developer
to join our team in Remotely.
This individual will work from home with one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
The primary purpose of the Lead Android Developer is to drive the strategy and best practices for native mobile development. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, drive discovery, construct, test, and implement solutions with little to no supervision in an Agile Development environment. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and be committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
- Drive technical discovery sessions on new and/or collaborative projects.
- Leading and managing development projects from inception to elaboration, development, testing, and implementation. Staff will be using various tools.
- Responsible for overseeing the work of other team developers when called upon.
- Work with vendors or existing development teams when appropriate.
- Collaborate with leadership, product managers, business analysts and mobile developers to identify problems and creatively solve complex problems.
- Stay current with mobile interaction guidelines and operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience in an Android development role.
- Knowledge in computer science combined with demonstrable problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling.
- Applied understanding of resource constraints including battery life, network availability, etc.
- Experience with Gradle, Maven, and/or Github.
- Experience developing and managing cross platform application development (iOS and Android).
- Has shipped and maintained apps, knowing ins and outs of Google’s submission process.
- Strong understanding of Android interaction design best practices.
- Work closely with business owners and UX to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, and processes.
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Modern Healthcare selected CereCore as one of the 2020 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
- CereCore wins ClearlyRated's 2020 and 2021 "Best of Staffing" Client and Talent Awards for Service Excellence.
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,