Contract Length: 6 months
Job ID: 15702536
Location: Nashville, TN 37203
At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care.
is seeking a Senior Cloud Data Engineer
– Contract-to-Hire to join our team in Nashville, TN.
This individual will work at one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
The Senior Cloud Data Engineer will provide enterprise cloud services design, automation, and implementation for one of the largest healthcare companies in the US. The position will work closely with various areas of the organization to define, develop, and enable the automated delivery of cloud services, capabilities, and solutions with a focus on service provisioning, data engineering, platform engineering, DevOps, operational models, and security. Position will be responsible for the build and operation of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services and tools to support exciting clinical and business use cases. Position will oversee daily automated builds, enhancements, and overall management of these cloud services for the entire HCA enterprise. The engineer will be responsible for providing in-depth technical review, engineering, administration, analysis, trending, and reporting of all services/platforms in order to meet team’s high standards of operational excellence. Responsibilities could also include troubleshooting, coordination, user assistance, application support, and customer guidance in GCP. As a senior technical member of the team, this engineer will also be expected to help mentor personnel in junior positions across the varying technical disciplines inherent to the products and technical domain.
In this position, you will:
- Design, build and manage data platform, solutions, and interfaces in GCP or an equivalent public cloud provider
- Provide design criteria and solutions across multiple technologies and services
- Understand use cases for cloud services and technologies providing clear, coherent recommendations for the business
- Participate in rotating on-call support process with other team members which requires temporary 24x7 availability
- Requires in depth knowledge of supported cloud services, utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages, diagnostic techniques, benchmarking methodologies for system monitoring and evaluation
- In depth knowledge of technology, storage, network, data and applications architectures and how those work in the cloud
- Ability to communicate with all levels, including senior management and customers of all types of technical backgrounds
- Maintain frequent interaction with internal and vendor technical staffs and project managers to ensure effective delivery of solutions in accordance with project timelines and associated budgets
- Provides input and recommendations regarding short- and long-range departmental planning for Cloud design
- Provide technical leadership and input into team and project-specific agile processes
- Assists with the education and training of junior personnel in technology areas
- Help shape enterprise data and cloud adoption strategy
- Must have 7+ years' experience in deploying technically complex infrastructure computing solutions across cloud platforms and services.
- Preferred 2+ years operational experience with Google Cloud Platforms or an equivalent Cloud provider
- Proven track record of project delivery results
- The ability to work closely with business and management to not only understand their needs, but build out the backlog of technical requirements for execution
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively are essential.
- Previous application development coding, debugging, testing and delivery into a production environment are highly desirable.
- A solid understanding of cloud and service performance metrics and tools is highly desirable, to understand key performance indicators and their impact on performance.
- Preferred certification in one or more of the following: GCP, AWS, Azure
- If no certification, must show intent to certify
was formed in 2001 as a shared service business within a large hospital operator. We focus solely on helping healthcare organizations align business and IT strategies to improve processes and patient care.
Awards and Recognition
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We believe excellence in healthcare starts with a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and each other. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion across all areas of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter,